Culinary Circuit of Acadia of the Lands and Forests
Acadie Gourmet is a group of agribusinesses in the region of Acadia of the Lands and Forests (Northwestern New Brunswick, Témiscouata, Northern Maine). We are producers, food processors, restaurants, and boutiques. We want to promote the quality, variety and uniqueness of the products from the region.
The organizing committee and the Congrès mondial acadien 2014 have set some specific goals they would like to reach moving forward with this project;
- Highlight typical cuisines of the invited regions and countries during the CMA2014
- Valuation of training programs at the Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick
- Provide new menus to local restaurants, showcasing the different types of cuisine
- Strengthen our regional tourist attractions
- Contribute to a greater openness to the world cuisine
- Develop partnerships between the culinary training program, the students and restaurants in the region
The Edmundston Madawaska Tourism Office, as the leader of this project and the regional tourism association of the Madawaska region, included additional goals to ensure the long-term success of this initiative, throughout the territory of the Acadia of the Lands and Forests.
- Develop a strong foundation through inventory and product research to create a culinary initiative to ensure the viability and long-term success of the project
- Develop and highlight regional products
- Promote our local chefs
- Provide regional leaders the opportunity to learn more about our products and collaborate with leaders of international stature.
- Raise awareness of the importance of the potential economic impact from various stakeholders and key partners
- Offer specialized training to restaurateurs and producers
- Develop a culinary tour with promotional tools